Important legal information
By accessing this website located at www.matterbox.co.uk ("this website") you consent to the following terms and conditions of use. In these terms and conditions ‘Royal Mail’ means Royal Mail Group Ltd, Post Office Limited and their associated companies that host services on this website. This website is operated by Matter Media Limited for and on behalf of Royal Mail.
Security and privacy
Royal Mail takes the security and privacy of its systems and its customers’ data very seriously. We constantly review our systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our customers. Parliament has created specific offences for unauthorised actions against computer systems and data. Royal Mail will investigate any such actions with a view to prosecuting and/or taking civil proceedings to recover damages against those responsible.
Exclusions and limitations
The information on this website is provided on an "as is" basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law Royal Mail:
(a) excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website; and
(b) excludes all liability for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with your use of this website.
This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised Royal Mail of the possibility of such potential loss) and indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
Royal Mail does not however exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence.
The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer that cannot be excluded or limited are affected.
Content changes and Accuracy of Information
Royal Mail may make changes to the contents of this website, including to the descriptions of goods and services advertised, at any time and without notice. Some information on this website is taken from sources external to Royal Mail or is of a type that changes frequently and you should confirm the accuracy and currency of all information before relying on it. Royal Mail does not necessarily share the opinions expressed or endorse the material appearing in external content published by it on this website.
Trade mark and copyright notices
Royal Mail, the Royal Mail cruciform and the Matter trade mark are registered trademarks of Royal Mail Group Ltd in the United Kingdom.
This website also features trade marks owned by third parties who have licensed to Royal Mail the right to reproduce such trade marks for the purposes of promotion of goods and services on this website.
All website design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software compilations, underlying source code, software (including applets) and all other material on this website are copyright Royal Mail Group Ltd, Post Office Limited or their related companies or their licensors.
Subscription to Matter
Cancellation of subscription
Royal Mail may cancel your subscription to Matter or any other service hosted on this website if you breach these terms and conditions and/or the subscriber terms and conditions.
Discussion groups and bulletin boards
Unless otherwise stated, Royal Mail does not edit or monitor the content of any discussion group, blog or bulletin board hosted on this website. The content of discussion groups, blogs and bulletin boards is provided by third parties and Royal Mail is not the publisher of it. However, Royal Mail may remove content from any discussion group or bulletin board at its discretion.
Tell a Friend
In clicking on the ‘Tell a Friend’ link and submitting a name and email address into the online form, you confirm that you have obtained their consent to do so You also confirm that their details are accurate and that you have not included any information that is indecent or likely to be offensive to them. We reserve the right to submit your details on correspondence with your nominated friend
Links to this website
You may not create a link to any page of this website without Royal Mail's prior written consent. If you do create a link to a page of this website you do so at your own risk and the exclusions and limitations set out above will apply to your use of this website by linking to it.
Links from this website
Royal Mail does not monitor or review the content of other parties' websites that are linked from this website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by Royal Mail. Royal Mail is not the publisher of such opinions or material.
Unless otherwise stated, the products and services featured on this website are only available within the United Kingdom, or in relation to postings from the United Kingdom.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales. All disputes arising out of your access to this website are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts. If any of these terms or conditions is deemed invalid or unenforceable for any reason (including, but not limited to the exclusions and limitations set out above) then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be severed from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions will continue to apply.
Royal Mail Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales,
number 4138203, registered office 100 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0HQ.
Post Office Limited is a company registered in England and Wales,
number 2154540, registered office 80-86 Old Street, London EC1V 9NN
Royal Mail Group VAT registration number: GB243170002.
Matter Media Limited is a company registered in England and Wales,
number 06315292, registered office 1-5 Lillie Road, London SW6 1TX
Subscriber Terms and Conditions
1. You must be 18 years or over and a resident of the United Kingdom to subscribe to Matter.
2. Only one subscription per household is permitted. Subscriptions are accepted from individuals for non-commercial purposes only and will not be accepted from trade customers.
3. You must complete all required information fields in the subscription form available on the website in order for your subscription to be valid. Royal Mail accepts no responsibility for incomplete subscriptions or for failure to receive any subscription form submitted online.
4. You will receive a confirmatory email to the email address nominated in your online subscription form acknowledging receipt of your form by Royal Mail. If you do not receive an email within five business days of submission, please contact us at contact[at]matterbox.co.uk.
5. It is your responsibility to notify us if the details contained in your online subscription form, including your delivery address details, change at any time. You can do so by using the Edit Your Details section on the website. Royal Mail accepts no responsibility for any failure to deliver Matter box to any address other than that nominated in your online subscription form, as updated through the website. You may also update your Mattter profile from time to time through the Edit Your Details section on the website.
6. You may unsubscribe from Matter at any time by sending an email with the subject line “Unsubscribe” to contact[at]matterbox.co.uk or by writing to us at Matter, Royal Mail, Mail Media Centre, Stukeley Street, London, WC1V 7AB. You can also notify us that you no longer wish to receive any or all editions of Matter at any time by notice in writing to this email or postal address.
7. Matter boxes are produced in limited edition quantities
and are issued by Royal Mail on a periodic basis. We will endeavour to
deliver the first edition of Matter on Saturday 6th December 2008 to
subscribers (who subscribed to Matter prior to 6.00pm on Friday, 5
September 2008 and who have been notified in writing that they will
receive a Matter box).
8. Persons who subscribe to Matter after Friday, 5 September 2008 will be eligible to receive future editions of Matter box issued by Royal Mail, subject to these terms and conditions.
9. We will endeavour to deliver to you Matter box editions issued by Royal Mail and which reflect the profile set out in your online subscription form and/or your online profile, however, unfortunately, due to limited numbers and the size of our subscriber base, subscribing to Matter does not automatically guarantee that you will be the recipient of a Matter box from Royal Mail, nor can we guarantee that you will be the recipient of any specific edition of Matter, even where you have indicated preferences in your online subscription form or your online profile.
10. We will provide you with email notifications regarding forthcoming editions of Matter box and a confirmatory email to your nominated email address shortly prior to delivery of any edition of Matter box to your nominated delivery address.
11. Each Matter box will contain a number of promotional items provided to Royal Mail for inclusion by third party suppliers. Unless otherwise indicated, Royal Mail does not itself include any of its own products in the Matter boxes and does not accept any legal responsibility of any kind whatsoever for the contents of any Matter box nor any use to which you put such contents or any loss, damage, cost or expenses of any kind whatsoever which may arise from your use or possession of the contents of any Matter box. You should always carefully read any product labels and any instructions for use affixed to or provided with the contents of Matter box before use and direct any queries or concerns regarding individual items to the third party supplier.
12. Matter boxes are currently provided to subscribers free of charge. No purchase is necessary. Matter box is not transferable for any other products or services offered by Royal Mail and no cash or credit alternatives in whole or in part will be offered by Royal Mail.
13. Matter boxes will be delivered by Royal Mail via its first class postal service, on the date prior notified to you in writing, to the delivery address nominated in your online subscription form, as updated through the Edit Your Details section of the website. Unfortunately Royal Mail is unable to guarantee specific delivery times.
14. If Royal Mail is unable to complete delivery to your nominated address because the Matter box cannot be physically delivered through your letterbox or handed to you at your door on the specified delivery date, it will be held for collection at your local delivery office or you may arrange for the Matter box to be re-delivered at a time which is convenient to you here. You should notify us in writing should you not wish to accept delivery of the Matter box.
15. Royal Mail cannot accept any responsibility for failure to deliver to you where you have not notified us of any change to your nominated delivery address. Failure to deliver in such circumstances will lead to you being automatically unsubscribed from Matter, however you are free to re-subscribe through the website at any time should you wish.
16. Royal Mail reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend Matter in whole or in part at any time. In this event, you will be notified in writing to the email address nominated by you in your online subscription form, as updated through the Edit Your Details section of the website.
17. Royal Mail also reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by notice to you in writing to the email address nominated in your online subscription form, as updated through the Edit Your Details section of the website.
18. The general terms and conditions of use of the website are incorporated into and form part of these subscriber terms and conditions and you must comply with such terms and conditions at all times. A link to the website terms and conditions is here. Failure to comply with the subscriber terms and conditions and/or the general website terms and conditions may result in your subscription to Matter being cancelled by Royal Mail, in its sole discretion.
19. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales. All disputes arising in relation to your subscription to and use of Matter will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
20. Matter and the website is operated by Matter Media Limited for and on behalf of Royal Mail.